Haunted Places In Oklahoma
The Stone Lion Inn
The Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie, Oklahoma is considered to be one of the most sought after haunted places as far as destinations for those that seek to
experience real ghosts and spectacular paranormal activity.
This lavish Victorian structure stands on a piece of luxurious property that is relatively inviting to those that set their eyes on it. Constructed in the year 1907, this haunted inn has been thoroughly restored in an effort to recapture the innovative style and appearance that it had in the early years of its life. There has been a bit more than restoration springing about at this inn, though. Here, you will learn about the real ghosts of one of the haunted places in Oklahoma: The Stone Lion Inn.
The Spectacular Hauntings of the Stone Lion Inn
The spectacular hauntings of The Stone Lion Inn is one of the most appealing aspects to this particular structure. This mansion once served as a funeral home. This occurred in the 1920’s. Originally, the structure was constructed to serve as a home for Mr. Houghton and his relatively large family. While it did, in fact, offer adequate room for his family, tragedy struck the family soon after construction. One of his daughters developed what is referred to as “whooping cough”. While the nurses, doctors, and family members worked diligently to help the young girl recover, she was issued the wrong type of medication and soon thereafter, she died.
In the mid to late eighties, the home was purchased by a new owner. Her name was Becky Luker. While excited about her recent purchase, she was quite anxious to begin renovations to the mansion. Naturally, renovations often “awaken” the spirits. As you may imagine, this happened at The Stone Lion Inn. The following details some of the haunting experiences that this owner and others experienced:
• The sound of what resembled that of someone walking would be experienced in the early mornings on the staircase in the back.
• A number of odd and unusual sounds were experienced on a regular basis.
• A great many doors seemed to open at random, but the fear intensified when they would also shut by themselves.
• The owner’s son would put away his toys as expected each night, and in the morning, the toys were scattered around.
Once guests began to enter in The Stone Lion Inn, stories began to develop regarding several haunting type experiences, which include:
• The visual appearance of a child and/or children playing in the rooms and jumping on the beds – even when no “live” children were in The Stone Lion Inn.
• Items being moved that the guests leave in the room has been experienced.
• Many claim that they have been “tucked” in bed while staying at The Stone Lion Inn when there was no one there at all.
If you visit The Stone Lion Inn, you are likely to experience this, and more! Get directions, view photos and read the visitor reviews and traveler tips for the Stone Lion Inn.
Return To Haunted Places In Oklahoma: Stone Lion Top Of Page
Return To Bed And Breakfasts Main Page
Haunted Places Listings By State/Country